Warming Clove and Cardamom Oatmeal Pancakes
Oats are highly nutritious which is perfect for pacifying out of balance vata. Cinnamon, cloves and cardamom are heating spices, which help pacify vata. This recipe is high in soluble fibre for improved gut health, helping to normalise bowel movements, and attain stable blood sugars. Fibre is also good for heart health and reducing blood cholesterol levels.
- 2 cup liquid (half milk-half water)
- ¾ cups oatmeal (rolled oats or steel cut oats, no instant)
- ¾ cups oatmeal flour (can make by grinding regular oatmeal in a grinder)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 egg whites
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp or pinch of clove powder
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp sugar or coconut jaggery (crushed up)
- Heat the milk/water, stir in oatmeal and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites into a stiff foam with a hand mixer or fork.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients and stir on the oatmeal/milk mixture.
- Fold in egg white until the mixture is well blended.
- Cook pancakes on non-stick dry pan until browned on both sides.
- Can serve topped with ¾ cups yoghurt with fresh papaya, kiwi or mango slices.
Comments are closed.